Chihuahua/Beagle Mix?

Chihuahua/Beagle Mix?

jenris2

QUOTE 10/16/2005 4:10:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any chi-beagle breeders. We recently found one at a pet store that we just fell in love with but the pet stores cost you an arm and a leg to purchase them from. We live in Ohio but are willing to travel if needed. Or if anyone could even just point us in the right direction to find this breed that would be great. Thanks! my email is jlp412@yahoo.com
drea300

QUOTE 11/11/2005 11:21:15 PM

Quote aeromarley1983:

Congrats! I also recently got a Chihuahua/Beagle mix. He is so wonderful! We got him in July.
Hi THere! I am very close to purchasing a chi/beagle mix and would love any info you have them...they are hard to come by! I have only found one to adopt so far, and it is through the internet. How big is yours? Whats his tempermant like? We have an apartment setting, do you think a chi/beagle mix would fit in well in that type of setting? Please email me any info or pics of your dog!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!- ANDREA
email- drea300@yahoo.com
anasazi

QUOTE 11/11/2005 11:35:06 PM

Quote jenris2:

I was wondering if anyone knew of any chi-beagle breeders. We recently found one at a pet store that we just fell in love with but the pet stores cost you an arm and a leg to purchase them from. We live in Ohio but are willing to travel if needed. Or if anyone could even just point us in the right direction to find this breed that would be great. Thanks! my email is jlp412@yahoo.com
You will find several chi-beagles on the following site;

http://www.petfinder.com/

lancerscheer2010

QUOTE 11/12/2005 8:14:48 AM
aww good for you! Great job for rescuing, i have a chihuahua. And trust me they are the best little companions! They have so much personality for such little dogs, good luck with your new chi/shiba inu!!
spdaydream

QUOTE 11/12/2005 3:11:04 PM
My Wentworth is a Chi crossed with a jack russel. haha to make fun of those stupid designer breeds, I call him a "jack-huahua". He's amazing, though. I love purebred chi's but sometimes find them to be a bit yippy and nippy. The jack in Wentworth really calms him down, surprisingly. He's full of energy, but isn't shaky and timid like chi's can be. I think a beagle cross would be great. Mutts are fabulous anyway, I'd say go for it!
c_sims_chick90

QUOTE 12/30/2005 4:13:24 PM
did the other woman ever sell the chi-shiba mix?
pups4abigheart

QUOTE 1/1/2006 1:07:15 AM
Sounds like a GREAT breed. Mixes are awesome
jjajr4

QUOTE 7/29/2006 12:29:41 PM

Quote justrais:

I am not going with the Chi / Beagle mix! I am going for the Chi / Shiba Inu mix! Anyone have info. on Shiba Inu's??? I have never heard of one, but I went onto the AKC site and looked into them! Thanks for all the info. so far though!
We used to own a Shiba Inu. The one we owned was female and she was a very wired dog. We prefer dogs more laid back. We sold her to a loving family who didn't mind that type of dispostion.
susancentineo

QUOTE 8/2/2006 6:49:32 AM
Hello Everyone! I'm new here. The 'chihuahua/beagle mix' thing caught my eye I am the owner of a chihuahua/beagle mix named Xena who just turned 11 on July 4th. She has been an absolute delight,with characteristics of both breeds: a lap dog who likes to sleep under the covers, a vicious protector of the fort, not good with children or strangers until she knows you (especially men), absolutely fearless, known to run large dogs off, playful, energetic, devoted to the family. She has the keen nose of the beagle, weighs only 8 lbs, mostly white with dark beige beagle 'patches' on her back, and medium-haired. Xena is ultra-intelligent. I would have the same mix again, no questions asked! Well, Xena just had a trip to the vet for a minor skin allergy, but the vet noted a murmur and suspects mitral valve issue, which I know can run in chihuahuas. She goes next Monday for an ultra-sound. Do any of you have experience with this? I have been kind of depressed ever since, obviously I am worried about about my devoted friend and companion of 11 years. I welcome any advice or info. Thank you in advance! linknhari@yahoo.com
susancentineo

QUOTE 8/2/2006 6:51:36 AM
edited because of dual posts maoseger1010
angelzoo

QUOTE 8/2/2006 10:18:23 AM
Shiba's are my second favorite breed and I have enjoyed studying them extensively, I've even been to Japan and met with some there.

They are a WONDERFUL breed, but not for everyone, in fact not for most people, lol. But I hope you have a great life with this dog, let me know if you have any problems or questions.

PS: Your dogster page doesn't work, I'd like to see photos :/

Shiba Inu X Chi mixes are actually kinda common nowadays. Though a lot of them marked as such have no Shiba in them at all.

Was this dog from a breeder or a shelter or..?
tabithathegreat

QUOTE 5/24/2007 12:14:21 AM

Quote drea300:

Hi THere! I am very close to purchasing a chi/beagle mix and would love any info you have them...they are hard to come by! I have only found one to adopt so far, and it is through the internet. How big is yours? Whats his tempermant like? We have an apartment setting, do you think a chi/beagle mix would fit in well in that type of setting? Please email me any info or pics of your dog!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!- ANDREA
email- drea300@yahoo.com
i just got my "cheagle" about a month ago when she was only 5 weeks....and i feel in love instantly...she's super nervous and always hungry!! last weekend my boyfriend and i were at the beach and got stuck in the sand. so when we got out to dig(maybe a good 5 mintues) our little romona lisa got into our food and ate a whole sandwich!! she sometimes finds a way into her sisters dogfood and stuffs herself for hours when no one's home..she's also talkive and stubborn..but oh so cute!
rescuewench

QUOTE 5/24/2007 9:55:41 PM

Quote tabithathegreat:

i just got my "cheagle" about a month ago when she was only 5 weeks....and i feel in love instantly...she's super nervous and always hungry!! last weekend my boyfriend and i were at the beach and got stuck in the sand. so when we got out to dig(maybe a good 5 mintues) our little romona lisa got into our food and ate a whole sandwich!! she sometimes finds a way into her sisters dogfood and stuffs herself for hours when no one's home..she's also talkive and stubborn..but oh so cute!

you got a puppy at 5 weeks old?

that is FAR too young for that pup to be away from her mom.

let me guess you bought her from a designer mutt breeder?

XRW
lganio

QUOTE 5/24/2007 10:25:27 PM

Quote rescuewench:

you got a puppy at 5 weeks old?

that is FAR too young for that pup to be away from her mom.

let me guess you bought her from a designer mutt breeder?

XRW
If you truly have a five week old pup of this breed it must be very small. Also, taking it the beach with you wouldn't be advised. She needs her shots and such or she could get quite ill! I agree....WAY TO YOUNG to be away from mom.
maoseger1010

QUOTE 5/24/2007 11:20:24 PM

Quote tabithathegreat:

Chihuahua's often shake when they are excited, many people mistake this as fear. You need to be sure your pup is eating several small meals a day. At five weeks she should be hungery all the time. Housebreaking is going to take forever. Just settle in for the long haul.
kweaver1

QUOTE 6/22/2007 8:34:04 AM
Hey, I read ur post about the chihuahua beagle mix. I actually have a chihuahua beagle mix. She is the sweetest thing. No real advice on the 2 breeds put together though. Mine is the best dog, she is really lovable.
maoseger1010

QUOTE 6/24/2007 7:58:23 AM
Isn't it funny, NO ONE every comes and says... I had a so and so mix and it was awful and I dumped it at the pound...even though we know that happens six days a week all year long. Or they don't come here and say... I got a perfect and wonderful so and so pure bred dog, but I got borred or had to move or coudn't figure out how to house train it so off to the pound it went... But we know that happens everyday too.

What is my point??? JUST because you come to this website and read a handful of people saying their mix/purbred is the bomb does not mean that the majority of buyers end up feeling that way. So KNOW your lifestyle (can you afford the cost of a dog? Including vet bills that may come up are you stable and in a place where having a pet won't be a problem long term?) and research your breeds (in your mix) or purebred. BEFORE YOU FALL FOR THE DOGGY IN THE WINDOW OR SEND A NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.
rescuewench

QUOTE 6/25/2007 10:22:22 AM

nothing to add to THAT VERY EXCELLENT POST.

miarob

QUOTE 6/25/2007 6:47:19 PM

Quote maoseger1010:

Isn't it funny, NO ONE every comes and says... I had a so and so mix and it was awful and I dumped it at the pound...even though we know that happens six days a week all year long. Or they don't come here and say... I got a perfect and wonderful so and so pure bred dog, but I got borred or had to move or coudn't figure out how to house train it so off to the pound it went... But we know that happens everyday too.

What is my point??? JUST because you come to this website and read a handful of people saying their mix/purbred is the bomb does not mean that the majority of buyers end up feeling that way. So KNOW your lifestyle (can you afford the cost of a dog? Including vet bills that may come up are you stable and in a place where having a pet won't be a problem long term?) and research your breeds (in your mix) or purebred. BEFORE YOU FALL FOR THE DOGGY IN THE WINDOW OR SEND A NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.
Dogs are like kids, no matter how much your told you never believe anyone until you get your own. My mother told me "you draw your last breath of freedom the day that baby pops out". Only good advice she ever gave me, and boy is it true. Dogs and kids are sooo much more work than you anticipate, and it is endless. The only difference is dogs appreciate what you do for them
rescuewench

QUOTE 6/26/2007 12:52:37 AM
... and don't talk back...
Post Reply New Topic